In decorating, part of talking about practicing what you preach is actually…practicing what you preach. I often talk about using what you have to change things up and create a new look, I talk about altering what you already own and I talk about thrift shopping. Well, surprise! I do all three in this next post.
If you look at this vignette, you may recall seeing bits of it in past posts, if not, let me refresh your memory.
First, on the right is the original space (on the left is the wall before the painted trees from my post : See the Wallpaper Forest AND the painted Trees, and now the Shim-Shimeny post wall. Notice the green ceramic box?)
And here’s the changes:
1. I brought in from outside the large New York Artwork (a thrift store purchase), and the little yellow ceramic box (formerly green) which were both in my Ahhhhhhhh, Summer post.
2. The curly-q stool, the letter J, bird candle holder, 2 tall candle holders and Chandelier artwork frames were all different colours before white. They have all been moved here and there throughout the house over the years.
Okay, this colour was fun for a while – and although it’s too much to leave it ALL this colour, I did leave the underneath bit coral. I’m on a Louboutin kick…..(Past post: Imitation Louboutin….sort of ).
3. An old vase is holding our domino set, the coral chevron tray was in my former post: Tray Chic! The small N.Y. photograph was in the room with the painted zebra rug, (Can’t Sweep It Under THIS Rug post). And of course you can’t have a decent vignette without books – of which I have many (but really, never enough) with a Fornasetti glass paper weight on top. Have I shamelessly talked about ALL my past posts yet?
4. Another thrift store find: Trolley bar cart $15.00
5. I did buy fresh flowers, which will also be recycled in the compost – HA!
These two walls had never been quite right in my eyes, but now I think I’ve made them into something I can live with for some time……or until Christmas, anyway.
All paint products from the Home Depot.