You know how you’d feel if when you opened your birthday card and instead of the ten dollars your grandma usually sends, she accidentally sent $100.00? Well that’s how I felt when I checked my comments and blogger Lady Champagne had nominated me for the Liebster award! How fun! She thought I was worthy of the award given to new bloggers, and I am honoured! Through blogging, I get to say whatever I want whenever I want and hope that it’s at least interesting to SOMEbody. But along with the honour comes a boatload of things you must do that the Liebster award requires. Those things follow below. Let me also say at this point Thank You to all my loyal followers (most of you I don’t even know! – Amazing!), those who just stop by and also those who randomly comment or Like.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them in your post.
Fantastic blogger Lady Champagne is the reason for this award! Please check her blog out – it’s fab!
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
Okay, the pressure is mounting now.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
Fine, I can do that!
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Yikes! I think I can I think I can. whew! I could.
Note: (These are the “rules” but please feel free to do as you wish. If you have 5 bloggers to nominate instead of 11, and you can only think of 7 random facts about yourself – that’s perfectly fine! )
Questions from Lady Champagne to me:
1. What do you consider your biggest flaw? Hmmmmmmm where to start? Where to stop? Who do I ask without resenting them after I do? Errrrrr, pass.
2. If you were given $1000,000 and told you had to give it away, what would you do with it? I’d have no problem giving it to the Salvation Army for their program on stopping sex trafficking.
3. If you could, what era would you live in and why? The free love late 60’s/70’s era. Think the Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Woodstock, psychedelic colour, flower power, cute dresses, Twiggy.
4. What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time? If I’m not decorating, I’m reading.
5. What was your favourite show when you were a child? Partridge Family!! I wanted to be Laurie and date Keith but that seemed wrong somehow since she was his sister. EWWWW.
6. If you could be anything in this world; a different species, do a specific job, anything, what would you be/do? If I was braver and had a tougher shell, I would want to save the people from my answer to question #2.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? We went to Paris, parts of Germany, Prague and London last year and it wasn’t enough! Europe is so unique everywhere you go. I need more.
8. Where’s the most interesting place you’ve been so far? Paris!!
9. What is your biggest goal in life? To make a difference.
10. Who do you admire most and why? People who stand up for what they believe in no matter how unpopular it might make them.
11. Why do you blog? It started out as a suggestion from a friend to share my decorating ideas while I was between jobs. Now I’m having so much fun thinking of my next project and getting all the things done that I kept talking about doing.
11 Random facts about me:
1. I’m a Christian.
2. My heritage is Latvian.
3. I’ve been a fan of the show Law and Order since forever.
4. I was hit by a car when I was 17 in front of a police station at a crosswalk. It took the police over 10 minutes to come out.
5. The person driving the car took ME to court. He lost.
6. I love the sounds at the beach.
7. I have the worst singing voice in the entire world. I only realized that a few years ago. My apologies, everybody.
8. Listening to people floss gags me.
9. I hate winter. Let me clarify. I hate being cold. Slippery roads, scraping windshields. We moved to milder climate so now I’m happier.
10. I think that I know when to call it quits, so there’s no number 11. You’re welcome.
My Questions for my nominees:
1. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be?
2. What colour is your bedroom?
3. What’s your idea of the best gift to give?
4. If you could only choose one, would you be beautiful or smart?
5. What’s the longest amount of time you were away from your home?
6. What do you consider to be the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
7. When are you most creative? A.M or P.M.
8. Ocean or mountains?
9. Book or computer?
10. Dog or cat?
11. Coffee or tea?
Have fun! Can’t wait to read your answers.