Today I am going to post for you a simple quick-fix Before and After so that I have still offered a decorating tid-bit before I talk about what happened to me!
Here is my coffee table/ottoman in the winter:
And my former bedding :
A little of this and a little (OK, a LOT of ) coffee:
Perfect for summer, and I didn’t cut anything. Just scrunched, folded, squished, bunched, manipulated and stapled. (Don’t look underneath.) I’m assuming that when I pull out the staples and un-scrunch, un-fold, un-squish, un-bunch, un-manipulate and wash it, all the holes made from the stapler will magically disappear! Sounds about right in my head.
That’s the ONE for you.
And now here’s the TWO for me: I received a beautiful little surprise – no, not a baby – two brand spanking new blogging awards!!
I am beyond thrilled and I accept! Upon acceptance, there are rules to adhere to and they are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you :
That would be Harmony’s Pearls. Check her out at http://harmonyspearls.wordpress.com. THANK YOU!! She writes with a tender heart and a velvet hammer. She also writes fantastic comments on posts. I know this because I have been the recipient of said comments.
2. Place the award badges on your Blog page :
Oh YES I did!
3. Answer the 10 questions posed to me :
Will do. See below if you are interested.
4. Pay it forward :
I need to nominate 10 bloggers too! That will be fun.
Here are the 10 questions posed to me :
1) What is my favourite food?
- Pizza? The question mark is because that’s what I think today. It could very well be something else tomorrow. Or even by the time I finish this post. I am fickle that way. It’s food after all.
2) Who is my favourite Actor?
- Sidney Portier in To Sir With Love still makes me swoon. Sigh. Oh and to be fair, Meryl Streep because she can play ANY woman really, really well. (Hey, nobody said I couldn’t pick one from each side.)
3) Favourite TV Show?
- I just finished watching House of Cards with Kevin Spacey on Netflix. No, not actually WITH Kevin Spacey, he was IN it. I love him. I also hate him. If you watch the show you’ll understand.
4) Favourite Tear Jerker?
- Nope. I don’t like movies that make me cry. I always feel crummy long after. Case in point, I just watched the new Colbie Caillat music video called TRY and I was sobbing at the end of it. Messy. Snotty. I’m still not over it.
5) Coffee or Tea?
- COFFEE no contest. It’s what gets me up and at ‘em, through all my DIY’s, good times & bad times, all day long. The blacker and stronger the better. I am very very addicted. Obv.
6) Favourite Sport?
- Volleyball to play and Roller derby to watch. It’s fascinating. But I can’t watch too long. I don’t do real well with anticipation situations and unfairness. That sport makes me anxious and the potential for unfairness abounds. This seems like a really extra long answer for a question about sports.
7) What’s my lucky number?
- None. I have the absence of luck. Numbers are not my friend. (read my rope/lamp post.)
8) What’s my favourite Holiday?
- Christmas!! Hands down. For all the obvious traditional reasons. Oh and Jesus is the reason for the Season. Said it.
9) Twitter or Facebook?
- Now, I understand they both have their virtues, but I do neither. I just Blog.
10) Favourite Christmas movie?
- ELF!! Makes me laugh every year.
Here are my Nominees:
The Curator’s Collection
One Cool Site
The Modachrome Home
Home for Now
This is Our Bliss
American Vintage Online
These are my 10 questions to my nominees:
1. & 2. If you could have anyone decorate a room in your house, who would it be and which room?
3. If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you want to have with you? ( And don’t say a boat)
4. Disco or Ballroom?
5. What’s the furthest distance you’ve travelled?
6. Where do you stand in the family? (First born, middle etc.)
7. Is there anyone you would change places with?
8. Best summer book?
9. What do you put on your french fries?
10. Is Paris always a good idea?
Thanks again Miss H’s Pearls – I’ll still take you up on that offer to Find This, Paint That!